Should I a professional Coeur d’Alene water removal company or do it myself?
If you just had a pipe burst in your home, leaky broken appliances, a toilet overflow, a roof leak, or a sub-pump fail, then you might be left with the decision to either try and remove and dry out the water yourself to save money, or to hire a professional. As a water removal company, we would obviously recommend hiring an IICRC water removal professional and here are some reasons why:
- Preventing Damage: Excess water can cause significant damage to buildings, infrastructure, and personal belongings. It can lead to structural problems, weakening the foundations, walls, and floors. Water damage can also result in mold growth, which can further deteriorate the building’s integrity and pose health risks.
- Mitigating Health Risks: Standing water can become a breeding ground for bacteria, viruses, and parasites, increasing the risk of waterborne diseases. Additionally, prolonged exposure to damp environments can trigger respiratory issues, allergies, and other health problems. Removing water helps eliminate these hazards and maintain a healthy living or working environment.
- Salvaging Possessions: Water damage can ruin furniture, electronics, documents, photographs, and other valuable possessions. By promptly removing water, the chances of salvaging and restoring these items increase. Quick action can minimize financial losses and preserve sentimental or important belongings.
- Restoring Normalcy: Water damage can disrupt daily routines and business operations. It may force people to temporarily evacuate their homes or businesses, leading to inconveniences and financial setbacks. Water removal and subsequent drying processes are crucial in restoring normalcy and allowing people to resume their regular activities.
- Preventing Secondary Issues: Lingering moisture from water damage can create secondary problems, such as mold growth, foul odors, and deterioration of materials. By removing water promptly and thoroughly drying affected areas, the risk of these secondary issues is minimized.
- Insurance Purposes: When filing insurance claims for water damage, it is essential to document the extent of the damage. Proper water removal and restoration procedures provide evidence of the harm caused, increasing the chances of a successful insurance claim.
Overall, water removal is crucial for minimizing damage, protecting health, preserving possessions, and restoring affected areas to their pre-damage condition. It is best to address water-related issues promptly to mitigate the risks and costs associated with water damage. If you are in need of emergency water removal services in Spokane, WA, or Coeur d’Alene, ID, then give us a call at (208) 587-6553.